Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! Χρόνια Πολλά, Μανούλα!

Today is Mothers' Day... 

My daughter woke me up this morning with the gifts she had made for me at school, a heart shaped card with a lovely message, a flower, a kiss , a beautiful poem she had written herself, and a big grin. 'Χρόνια Πολλά, Μανούλα' she said as she gave me a big hug and a sloppy kiss!  

Happy Mother's Day!



As I was thanking God for the blessing of being a Mother, as I looked at my beautiful child and thought of the happiness her existence has given us - how the world always looks so much brighter with just one of her smiles, one word, one kiss, one hug, I couldn't help thinking about three less fortunate mothers who, instead of celebrating , are today in deep mourning for the children they so tragically lost  - unjustly murdered by the deliberate act of a heartless criminal in Athens on Wednesday during the demonstrations, and my heart went out to them....

My heart goes out to all those mothers whose children have been so unfairly taken away from them through war, through illness, through poverty or a murderous act, and wish them all the strength and courage in the world. 

There can be no greater loss than the loss of one's child and on days like this when Mothers are celebrating being Mothers, the loss is infinitely harder...

Let's enjoy every single precious moment with our children, our families and make every moment count, not just today. These moments are a gift from God and we don't know what tomorrow brings...

This post is for all the precious children of this world who have been entrusted to us to care for, to guide, to teach and to guard over, in good times or bad,  and for all the wonderful women around the world who as Mothers first and foremost, are doing just that... 

This post is dedicated to my daughter and my husband as well as my own beloved Mum who passed into God's hands a few years ago!  Without them I couldn't possibly be a Mummy! Speaking for myself, it's the best thing I ever did!

Happy Mother's Day to all Mummies! 

Χρόνια Πολλά σε όλες τις Μανούλες της Γης!  

Shortly after my precious daughter was born, I received the following by email...  I didn't know whether to blame it on the hormones which were topsy turvy, on the emotions which were running high, or the enormous responsibility of Motherhood, all I know is that I remember sitting in front of the screen reading it and crying my eyes out... I thought I would share it with you...

A N G E L S...

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.
 The child asked God, 
"They tell me you are sending me
 to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being
 so small and helpless?"
 
 
God replied, 
"Among the many angels, I chose one for
 you. Your angel will be waiting for you and will take
 care of you."
 
 The child further inquired, 
"But tell me, here in heaven
 I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."
 
 
God said, 
"Your angel will sing for you and will also smile
 for you everyday. And you will feel your angel's love and be
 very happy."
 
 
Again the child asked, 
"And how am I going to be able to
 understand when people talk to me if I don't know the
 language?"
 
God said, 
"Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and
sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and
 care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
 
 "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
 
 God said, 
"Your angel will place your hands together
 and will teach you how to pray.
 
 "I've heard that on Earth there are bad men. Who will
 protect me?"
 
 God said, 
"Your angel will defend you even if it means
 risking it's life."
 
 "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
 
 
God said, 
"Your angel will always talk to you about me and
 will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I
 will always be next to you."
 
 At that moment there was much peace in heaven, but voices
 from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, 
 
 "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
 
 "Her name is not important.

You will simply call her Mum." 



At Global Greek World, We ♥ Greece... and it shows!
© Global Greek World 2010 All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Very touching~~I share your sentiments... Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, Thank you! Happy Motehr's Day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome feedback from our readers, but please keep your comments polite and respectful. Anonymous comments will be evaluated and published only if considered appropriate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

IMAGES OF GREECE ...ABROAD

IMAGES OF GREECE ...ABROAD
Archangel Michael's Shrine, Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

25th March Parade To Cenotaph Wellington, New Zealand

25th March Anniversary Parade, Wellington, New Zealand